Coleman has started working alongside Alex on the Accelerate team. That means we can now help more people wanting paid work.
If you or someone you know could benefit then send Coleman an email or give him a call: firstname.lastname@example.org 024 7663 1040
What is Accelerate?
“Accelerate is a free employment support service that can build your confidence, give you training, improve your skills and provide valuable work experience – all geared towards helping you find a job that suits you.
We specialise in supporting people who would like to work but for various reasons find it hard to get a job and enjoy all the benefits that employment brings. We offer practical help to deal with problems that have been holding you back including covering the costs of childcare and subsidised travel while you’re accessing our service.
Accelerate is a partnership of 23 local organisations providing co-ordinated employment support to people who are at a disadvantage when looking for work.
Our partnership includes training providers, charities, housing associations, disability support, women’s only services, wellbeing and mental health organisations, enterprise start-up, childcare providers, local authorities, community radio and employer networks.
- Helping those furthest from the labour market towards and into employment
- Providing the means through which disadvantaged people become job ready
- Assisting participants to access learning, training and job opportunities
- Enabling participants to overcome barriers to employment
- Supporting those with complex barriers move closer to employment
- Providing holistic support including financial inclusion, employment skills and basic skills
- Targeted, flexible and individualised support
- Connection across the partnership
- Geographically accessible
- Connected partnership, ensuring participants access full range of services
Key target groups:
People who are unemployed or economically inactive including but not limited to:
- Lone parents
- Non-custodial offenders/ex-offenders
- People with physical and mental ill health
- BAME communities
- People with substance misuse issues
- People needing basic literacy and numeracy skills
- People with ESOL needs
- People with disabilities
Grapevine’s Accelerate team mainly work with people with a learning disability but we can refer people on to other Accelerate partners.”