Grapevine Privacy Notice
What information we collect
Grapevine Coventry and Warwickshire Ltd (Grapevine) collects information for the purposes of reporting back to funders, to evaluate our own performance and to contact participants about the project they are currently involved with.
We may collect personal, identifiable information for our records which will be kept securely on our online, backed-up, double password protected system.
All of our funders require reports which often ask for anonymised data including demographics, performance indicators and case studies. Each project will have its own minimum data set.
Why we collect this information
Grapevine processes data for the purpose of self-evaluation and reporting. This allows us to:
- Evaluate how well we are doing and monitor if there are any gaps in our work against our organisational and/or project objectives. For example, are we working with enough people who have autism?
- To prove our effectiveness to funders – this is crucial in allowing Grapevine’s work to continue and helps show our reach, diversity and impact.
- For safety and security purposes. To help us to stay safe when we work within communities.
- To make sure our participants are safe. For example, being aware of any health issues in order to help a participant stay safe and healthy.
The data on our Charity Log online monitoring system will not be anonymised. This is so we can identify people’s progress, hold information that allows us to work safely with them and see what other projects they may be accessing in order to help us work more effectively. All monitoring reports generated for funders, Grapevine staff and the Grapevine Board are anonymised.
Personal data will be held for the duration of a project, plus another two years for analytical purposes.
Grapevine reserves the right to hold information for longer if there is:
- A legal basis to do so;
- It relates to complaints;
- It is essential to retain for safeguarding.
- Right to be forgotten – You can request to be taken off our database and you can request that all information we have about you be destroyed.
- Right to transfer data – On your request we can securely transfer the data we have to another organisation.
- Right of access – You have the right to access your personal data including any notes we may have made about you. We will respond to a written request within the 72 hours.
- Right of restriction – You have the right to restrict the usage of your data to only certain things. For example, you want us to keep your phone number and disability information but not your ethnicity. This is OK, you just have to tell us.
- Right to object – This right means any assumptions made about you through automated methods you can object to. Grapevine does not carry out data profiling.
- Right to amendment – Grapevine will endeavour to update our records when possible to ensure all the information we hold is correct. You have the right at any time to request amendments to your information.
I can confirm that I understand and accept the information above can be used by Grapevine Coventry and Warwickshire Ltd in the following ways:
- Monitoring and evaluation purposes, both by Grapevine and by Grapevine’s funders;
- To contact you about your involvement on the project;
- To contact you about any further opportunities (new projects, help, support) at Grapevine.
Please tick if you want to receive marketing information from Grapevine in the following forms. If you leave these blank you will NOT receive any marketing communications from us.
If you would like to speak to someone about this further, or have a data access request, please contact Adam Hives – Grapevine Operations Manager on 02476 631040 or firstname.lastname@example.org
I consent to Grapevine holding data in the ways detailed in the above privacy notice and understand my rights under the General Data Protection Regulations (2018). I understand that if I want to discuss anything further with Grapevine about my data they can be contacted in the ways above.
Staff member who spoke to you (if applicable):