We are committed to ensuring that all individuals receiving support and services from Grapevine’s staff or volunteers are protected under our Combined Children and Adults Safeguarding Policy.
- Actively work in partnership with statutory and non statutory agencies
- Actively promote empowerment and well-being of vulnerable children and adults through the support we provide
- Act in a way which supports the rights of the individual to lead an independent and individual life
- Recognise that the right of self determination can involve risk and ensure that such risk is recognised and understood by all concerned and minimised whenever possible
- Recognise people who are unable to make their own decisions and / or protect themselves, their assets and bodily integrity
- Ensure that when the right to an independent lifestyle and choice is at risk the individual concerned receives appropriate help, including information and protection and support from relevant agencies.
Checks to be made prior to staff members working with any person requiring support from our organisation will be:
- Current enhanced Disclosure and Barring enhanced checks
- Comprehensive and validated references.
Checks to be made prior to volunteers working with people:
- Volunteers may work alongside staff in supporting people while Enhanced DBS checks are sought
- Enhanced DBS checks will be made.